Taking a cue from one of my friend’s blogs, I’m going to do a list of the books I read during 2011. Unfortunately, it’s a pretty small list. You would think that writers should be reading a lot, and generally they should. But I really don’t read that much. Or rather, I tend to start reading books, but I usually stop reading them fairly quickly. I guess I have a short attention span. For 2012 my goal is to increase the number of books I read to 15. Seems like a reasonable goal to me.
So here are the books I read in 2011. I think this is all of them. Not sure though. It’s possible I’m forgetting some. But oh well. I’ll also list how long each book is. (Short: 200 or fewer pages – Medium: 200-600 – Long: 600-999 – Epic: 1000+) Listed more-or-less in the order I finished them. Not included are children’s books, because they’re too short and I read a lot of them. (Mostly to kids. Mostly.)
- The Case For Christ (medium)
- Having a Mary Spirit (medium)
- The Red Pyramid (medium)
- Crazy Love (medium)
- Beauty From Ashes (medium)
- Heaven is For Real (medium)
- Japanese Children’s Stories (short) [I know it’s a children’s book, but it’s in a foreign language.]
- Obama’s Wars (medium)
- Family Practice (short) [A super long medical text book. But I only read the first few chapters.]
- The Bible (epic)
Here’s hoping I get more reading done in 2012.